Thursday, March 22, 2007

VT alums are apparently highly caffeinated



If you guys have been watching the NCAA Tournament at all the past couple weeks, surely you've come across the following commercial. It features a Virginia Tech alumnus who has a ritual for VT games involving Coca-Cola.

The basic jist is that he always has to hold a can of Coke in his hands for the duration of the game. There's also some superstition about needing to crack open a new can before taking the final sip of the old can. So far, this seems reasonable enough.

Then the guy mentions that once the can is empty, he uses it to build out the VT logo, and the camera pans down to about 20 Coke cans lined up on a coffee table. Are you telling me that this guy drinks 20-25 cans of Coke during a single game? How is this possible? Shouldn't he be dead at this point?

Don't get me wrong, anyone who knows me knows that I'm a big fan of Coca-Cola. But even for me, after about three Cokes, all that acidity starts to get a little disgusting. I can't even imagine what it would feel like after the 25th Coke. Ick.

Here's the commercial, in case you wanted to see the magic for yourself:

No comments: