Wednesday, March 21, 2007

jeff garcia? really?



NFL quarterback, Jeff Garcia (formerly of the 49ers, Browns, Lions, and Eagles), just got engaged to marry Carmella DeCesare, the 2004 Playboy Playmate of the Year. Yes, this is the same Jeff Garcia who sparked this response from Terrell Owens in a Playboy interview back in 2004:
PLAYBOY: Former 49er and current Cleveland Browns quarterback Jeff Garcia, with whom you played for years, has denied media rumors that he's gay. What do you think?

OWENS: Like my boy tells me: If it looks like a rat and smells like a rat, by golly, it is a rat.

Not that Owens should be taken as an authority on much of anything, but what to make of this marriage if he's even vaguely correct? Maybe it's an elaborate Can't Buy Me Love-type setup, with Garcia in the Patrick Dempsey role. He probably told Carmella that he'd buy her a white leather jacket to replace the one she stole from her mom and ruined, but only if she'd pretend to be his wife to dispel any lasting rumors about his sexual orientation (not that there's anything wrong with that... as the Seinfeld crew might say).

In any case, look for Jeff and Carmella to cruise into the sunset on a riding lawnmower very soon.

Just to recap... this guy:



Somehow landed this girl:



Even though he also takes photos like this:



But his mom likes it, so he's got that going for him... which is nice:

2 comments:

misocrazy said...

To this entry and your Sanjaya entry, I say, "Ew!" And I am embarrassed to be an American.

That said, I suspect Sanjaya is benefitting from 2 types of American Idol fans:

1. Those who really root for the underdog.
2. Preteen girls who actually like nice guys (and can overlook such awkward, unappealing nerdiness, much like the girl who cried on tv --let's also bear in mind that freckled leprechaun-like Clay Aiken had some kind of bizarre following of women)
3. Those who think Sanjaya is pathetic, and in kind of a cruel way, want to see him win because he is just so godawfully bad.

I can't decide if Sanjaya or the crying girl should be more embarrassed. And I can't believe Peter Noone had Sanjaya sing the Kinks over "I'm Into Something Good."

At first I thought maybe Peter secretly wanted Sanjaya to fail, but now I think he just didn't want Sanjaya to to murder one of his (Peter's) own songs. Maybe it was both.

I've only seen maybe 4 or 5 episodes of this season, but I did notice that the beat-boxing-JT-wannabe was pretty good. Other than that he bobs his head way too much, I would explain his placement in the bottom two (did he get kicked off?) this week was because viewers thought he'd be relatively safe due to his good singing skills.

Okay, I've said way too much about American Idol. Somebody slap me.

misocrazy said...

Correction to earlier comment: "...3 types of fans"

Yes, I can count, and I am getting senile in my 30s. I will go cry now.