Wednesday, July 26, 2006

(not so) shocking news of the day



Lance Bass, former NSYNC boy band member and wanna-be astronaut, has *gasp* come out of the closet. In the E! online news article that shocks absolutely no one, Lance says:

"I knew that I was in this popular band and I had four other guys' careers in my hand, and I knew that if I ever acted on it or even said [that I was gay], it would overpower everything," he told People.

"I didn't know: Could that be the end of 'N Sync? So I had that weight on me of like, 'Wow, if I ever let anyone know, it's bad.' So I just never did."

"The main reason I wanted to speak my mind was that [the rumors] really were starting to affect my daily life," he told People. "Now it feels like it's on my terms. I'm at peace with my family, my friends, myself and God so there's really nothing else that I worry about."

Kudos to Lance for confirming the absolutely obvious. Next news flash: Puppies are furry. Shocking! In any case, let the record show that Lance was not the end of NSYNC. Horrible songs where they danced like puppets did the dirty work for him.

Lance is linked to a winner from one of the various Amazing Race seasons -- Reichen Lehmkuhl. Reichen was also linked to Clay Aiken in the past, which only proves one thing. This Reichen guy has terrible taste in washed up homosexual singers.

No comments: