Friday, June 05, 2009

Random Thoughts



Some more random things that you probably have zero interest in:
  • While watching the NBA Finals last night (Go Lakers!), I noticed that GM ran an ad about how although they were bankrupt, they still have awesome plans in the works. Hey, wait a minute, GM. Let me repeat, you're bankrupt. This is even with a extra couple billion dollars in your pockets after the big bailout. And somehow, after being terrible enough to burn through all of this cash, you are spending big dollars running an ad campaign about how awesome your plans are? And people wonder what's wrong with the automotive industry in the U.S.
  • Dwight Howard has the broadest shoulders in the history of humanity. This is a scientifically proven fact*
  • When did they stop making regular shorts? All I ever see these days are either plaid shorts, or regular colored shorts with 50 cargo pockets sewed onto them. Can't I just get a regular solid colored pair of shorts sans ancillary pocketage? Why is this not an option anymore?
  • And on that note, how come I can't buy multi-colored striped knee high socks to wear with aforementioned shorts?
  • In my hometown of Monterey Park, CA, some of the officials running for city office used to send pot holders in the mail to each resident with their names printed on them. I guess the hope was that we'd remember their names by using them often. My sister was baking something the last time I was home, and promptly burned her hand using this flimsy pot holder. I said, come on, if you were dumb enough to trust Judy Chu to protect your hands, you deserve to get burned. So, Judy Chu, if you wanted us to remember your name, mission accomplished! However, just know that we associate it with crappiness.
  • Wi-fi on Virgin America is the best idea since live TV on airplanes. Flying is now just like being in my living room, only with more neon lights and a very, very tiny couch.
  • Science has shown that skinny jeans have proven to be an indicator of mental retardation in males.*
  • This is a fun article.
  • I like dogs.
* Keep in mind that "science" is defined in this blog as "stuff that seems true to me with utter disregard for fact"

No comments: