Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Sarcasm is Lost on Today's Youth



A while back, I wrote a blog entry about red pandas at a zoo in Sydney. The gist of the entry was a sarcastic comment that red pandas were not as cute as the better known black and white giant pandas.

A couple weeks later, I followed this entry up with one about boto dolphins which I had seen on the Discovery Channel documentary show Planet Earth. Again, I made a comparison between boto dolphins and their more commonly known ocean counterparts, the bottlenose dolphin.

Little did I know there would be a public outcry for my random musings. A sampling:

Anonymous said...

You know what? You suck, and you are an ugly, warped example of a human. I would prefer your mom anyday!
- January 19, 2008 11:13 AM

Anonymous said...

that is mean God made them the way they are for a reason! and i think they ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- April 04, 2008 10:20 PM

Anonymous said...

I agree with anonymas!!!!!!!! That is tottaly mean! I am doing a report on these animals, and they are amazing! you should care!
- April 22, 2008 10:23 PM

Anonymous said...

Well SOMEONE is RETARDED here. You just wasted space on your blog writing this piece of meaningless crap. I only found this when I googled 'Boto Dolphins' for my project on how endangered they are. Maybe they are endangered because biased, bloody blockheads like you kill them because they're ugly. I don't give a crap about how ugly they are, and no one really does. "Oh, EW! BOTO DOLPHINS SUCK!!!!" That's how you sound, you bloody piece of crap. Go jump off a cliff.
- May 25, 2008 6:04 PM


Wow, there's some major love out there for the boto dolphin. I checked my logs, and there were actually quite a number of hits for this entry, all coming from Google Images. I did a search for "boto dolphin" myself and saw that my page was somehow the number one image listing for this term (oddly enough with a picture of a bottlenose dolphin rather than a boto dolphin).

I guess there are a number of teachers assigning homework about the boto dolphin, and thus a number of kids looking for information about them. I think that's great. I really I do. But I also think today's youth are very lame. Not only do they not understand the simple concept of sarcasm, but look at them:





Ugh, Really? Is that the kind of youth we have in this day and age? What happened to the kids of days gone by who could understand fun and games, like these guys:



Or the kids who really understood how to hang tough despite the odds:



That's what I'm talking about. Sorry lame kids of today who can't spell but insist on leaving comments on my blog. The kids of yesteryear rule!

2 comments:

dukeya said...

I missed your original boto dolphin post. It was funny, but I'm not sure how you expect our diligent homework seeking youth to understand your humor without Triumph the insult-dog pooping the words out. I just hope these kids don't see my blog post about Sun fish. Man I hate those ugly things.

Unknown said...

today's youth be HATIN up on yo chinaman ass fo reals.