Sunday, February 25, 2007

deja vu all over again



I just got an email from my cell phone carrier proclaiming that "Cingular Wireless is now the new AT&T Wireless!" Truly exciting news if not for one glaring ommision -- Cingular Wireless was already the *old* AT&T Wireless. So bascially this carrier spent tens of millions of dollars to make all the old AT&T Wireless folks forget that they were ever AT&T users, and then a couple years later spent tens of millions of dollars to make sure that these exact same users remembered the AT&T name.

I guess it would be too much to ask for the money to go to something like upgrading cell phone towers to improve coverage. Then maybe that whole "fewest dropped calls of any carrier" campaign might actually be closer to the truth (on a side note, how are they measuring this? Because my calls drop CONSTANTLY. If this was claim was true, Sprint and Verizon must be dropping calls every 5 seconds by comparison).

Oh well, what do I know. Logic and big business don't mix, I should know this by now.

No comments: