Saturday, February 24, 2007

as seen on tv

Quik Top

As an avid television watcher and self proclaimed night owl, I have seen more than my fair share of infomercials. For some reason, this one product in particular stuck out in my mind -- the Quik Top.

What is the Quick Top, you ask? Well according to the website:
Quik Top is the revolutionary new can cap device that prevents spills and keeps your drinks fresh and carbonated by turning any can into a bottle. Quik Tops produce a watertight and airtight seal and they’re guaranteed never to leak.

So essentially, it's a lid that keeps any can of carbonated soda from going flat. Not a terrible idea on paper, but when's the last time you found yourself drinking a 12 ounce can of soda and just felt like there was absolutely no way you could finish it? And even if that were to happen, how much soda would there still be left in the can? Like 4 sips max? Is it really worth twenty bucks to save about 9 cents worth of soda?

I'm absolutely baffled by this product. If you're a Quik Top owner, please, I beg you, explain this to me, won't you?

No comments: