Thursday, August 11, 2005

random musings...



Some more thoughts that have been running around in my head...

  • I forgot how insanely hot it gets down here in SoCal versus the Bay Area. It's been a sustained 90 to 100+ degrees for 4 weeks straight out where I am. Amazing. That's why I haven't been blogging as much. My keyboard melted last Tuesday.
  • For those of you who watch the Real World: Austin, man, those past two episodes were heavy. The biggest revelation to me -- the way Melinda has supported Danny through everything. She's just the sweetest person on the planet. Well, you know, for a ho.
  • I also find myself watching Laguna Beach. Is it me, or do ALL of those girls look exactly the same? When did Laguna Beach turn into Stepford Beach?
  • Have you noticed that when a person without a beard grows one, you can still tell who they are, but if someone you know with a beard shaves one off, they look like a totally different person? Like if Brad Pitt grew a beard, you'd say, "oh look, Brad Pitt grew a beard. Neat." But if Steven Spielberg shaved his beard, he could probably walk right past you and you'd never know it. Am I the only one who's thought about this? Yeah, probably.
  • Ted Danson and Kirstie Alley were once sex symbols back in the Cheers days. Just think about that. One day your beloved Jessica Simpson and Josh Duhamel will join them. Life is so cruel.
  • I am loving to hate Big Brother. Yes I told you not to watch it. I wish I could heed my own advice. It's so terrible, but for some reason it draws me in. Please tell me this is just a by-product of lack of Summer viewing options. Otherwise, I think I need some professional help.
  • I went to see my Dodgers play live yesterday so I could witness their futility firsthand. They didn't disappoint, blowing a 2-1 lead by giving up five runs in the 8th inning and 2 more in the 9th. Thank god football season is here so I can watch my 49ers instead. Crap. I'm screwed.
  • Kevin and Bean on KROQ. Hands down the best morning show in the business. I can't stand radio morning shows in general, but these guys actually make me look forward to my morning commute. Those of you outside the L.A. area, let me paraphrase your thoughts at the moment -- "Um... who cares."
  • I can't say that I'm a fan of The Killers, but I really dig that song Mr. Brightside. I think it's about adultery. Then again, the song could be about skinning cats, and so long as the melody was pleasing, I'd go with it.
  • My favorite website of the moment? The official website for the Reno-Tahoe International Airport. Why? Just look how happy the guy is on the home page. He doesn't even need a plane, you can tell he's on such a high (natural or otherwise).
  • I just bought a new house! Wow, I'm all grown up now. Strangely, I don't know whether this realization makes me ecstatic or completely depressed.
  • Iced tea is yummy.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the new house! As a new home owner, you should swap out Big Brother for random shows on HGTV. Speaking of iced tea, what's up with the "bubble tea" fad? I want to drink my tea, not eat it.

misocrazy said...

bubble tea fad?? That is so 5 years ago. And if you like the milk tea anyway, they usually let you order it without the tapioca balls.

According to the NY Times, the new Asian refreshment fad is shaved ice, aka, "Chua-bing"

Hey is the new house in Pasadena? I imagine it's way hotter there than on the West side.

And yes, lots of 80's sex symbols were totally random!! Can we say, Rod Stewart, Melanie Griffith, Jamie Lee Curtis, and Kirk Cameron??? Then again, I have always thought that Brad Pitt and Jennifer Aniston were overrated.

Anonymous said...

I agree. Iced tea - with milk or otherwise - is for drinking, not eating. Also, why does "shaved ice" need an AKA? And really, "chua-bing" is the AKA for something that literally has a descriptor for a name?