Thursday, June 23, 2005

more random thoughts



Just thought I'd dump a few of the random thoughts that have running around in my head recently onto this blog. These thoughts are so random, I thought it was only fitting to pair them with the most random picture I could find on Yahoo! Image Search. Enjoy...

  • You know that rumor that's been making the rounds for the past 10 years about Tom Cruise? That he's gay and all of his relationships are just a sham to cover up this fact in order to save his career? Honestly, at this point, wouldn't the world rather he be gay than utterly insane? I mean if this is a ploy to save his career, it's just a gross miscalculation, don't you think?
  • How the hell did Irene Cara beat out Wang Chung in last week's Hit Me Baby One More Time? Cara's cover of Anastasia (who? yeah, exactly) included "backup singers" who tried to upstage her every chance they got. The song barely featured Cara at all, as faux-Whitney and faux-Mariah stomped all over Cara's weak vocals. On the flip side, Wang Chung busted out Nelly's "Hot in Here" as their cover song. I mean, Wang Chung and Nelly? It sounds like chocolate and fish guts on paper, but it worked like chocolate and peanut butter in practice. I had to rewind it and watch it again -- it was that entertaining. When Wang (or was it Chung? I always get the two confused) exclaimed, "girl, I think my butt get big!" I thought it was a guarenteed victory. Boy was I wrong.
  • I have yet to see Star Wars Episode III, which leads me to believe that I likely will never see this movie. And yet somehow, I couldn't care less.
  • I miss Lost.
  • I don't miss Will and Grace.
  • That new Coldplay song, "Speed of Sound" sounds great. But then again, I liked it the first time I heard it a few years ago, you know, when it was called "Clocks."
  • Despite the fact that the NBA Finals are going to a 7th and decisive game, don't you think ABC is wishing it could just show Dancing with the Stars like 3 times a week instead? The ratings for three showings of this would just destroy anything in its path. Game 7 would be lucky to dethrone Two and a Half Men reruns at this point.
  • Am I the only person in America who really doesn't care when the latest Harry Potter book is coming out? Yeah, I thought so.
  • I have yet to see it, but I hear the latest installment of the Real World is TiVo season pass material. Early reviews evoke RW Las Vegas level watchability. I won't lie to you. I'm excited. These kids sound so nuts, I have faith that they'll take any future Real World/Road Rules Challenges up a couple notches too. Sweet.
  • I'm not really on board with this Iron Chef America show. It's just not Iron Chef without the dubbed giggling of Japanese actresses, you know?
  • Bobby Flay sucks.

1 comment:

misocrazy said...

Hahaha! Todd and Karen were just telling me the other day how Wang Chung was robbed.

Thanks to Karen's TiVo I saw Wang Chung's cover of Nelly. Pretty awesome stuff!

I caught that first episode of Real World Austin! Already two girls kissing, arbitray drunken fights, jealousy, and a visit to the hospital in the FIRST episode! Out of control.

Somehow they seem a little more likable than the Vegas cast to me, but maybe I'm being naive.

Also did you notice in the last Inferno that Jamie somehow got all the way to the end of the game and was never voted into the Inferno even though she wasn't even a strong player? I guess likeability (or hottieness) counts for something!

Also I agree, Bobby Flay SUCKS. Where did Jamie Oliver go?

Have you seen the Comedy Central game show, Distraction? Funny stuff. Also, did you see Karen's 360 BLOG???