Monday, November 14, 2005

that's soooo L.A.

As you probably know, I moved back to Los Angeles about 5 months ago, after spending the past 6 years up in the Bay Area. Last week, I saw something that really drove home the fact that I was in L.A. I saw this car sitting outside my office:



The picture doesn't do the car justice. Calling it a total piece of crap would be a compliment. The car is a 70's Volkswagon that was riddled with dents, had a faded paint job, and was rusted straight through to the core in some spots. I'd be surprised if the car actually started without sputtering and dropping an oil slick in its wake.

So why would a beat up VW signify a return to L.A.? Well, it's not so much the car itself... it was what was IN the car:



Ahh yes. It's good to be back!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That car could very well be here in Chicago, if it wasn't so sunny...